Expect More from Your Art Supplies
As visual artists, we breathe, touch and surround ourselves with the media of paint, so using natural paints made with plants and minerals is clearly a healthy choice. Our paints and supplies perform as well as our non-natural counterparts without any compromise in quality or selection.
Your Colors of Nature Pigments are:
- From natural, raw sources
- Safe for humans and the environment
- Processed using minimal chemistry to remove toxic elements.
Create with Confidence
Colors of Nature products provide artists, who are looking towards an environmentally sustainable future, with high-quality, prepared paints that they can use with confidence to create beautiful and lasting works of art.
Your Natural Paint Promise:
- Composed of all natural, plant-based ingredients and naturally-occurring mineral pigments
- 100% vegan
Why choose natural watercolor and oil paints over conventional paint?
- Real colors that reflect the true colors of nature
- Made completely from natural ingredients
- Safe for children and adults
- Animal free, cruelty free, solvent free and petroleum free
- Professional quality performance
- Permanent or excellent lightfastness
- Affordable price and long lasting
- Vegan Action certified to be vegan and cruelty-free
- PETA certified to be vegan and cruelty-free
- Certified by The Good Shopping Guide to be an Ethically Accredited Company
- Made in Canada
President and Founder of Colors of Nature
Lori Stryker is an art teacher and Home Economist who has a profound love for the visual arts. She stumbled upon a book one day in a popular retail store that discussed the environmental impact of conventional art supplies and how to become a "green" artist. Taking a closer look at her own collection of art supplies in her studio, she realized that they were all made with petroleum products and/or animal products. Discovering that there were very few environmentally responsible paints for artists, she formulated a line of earth-friendly, petroleum-free and cruelty-free watercolor paints, oil paints, and encaustic all plant wax pucks that perform as well as or better than their conventional counterparts. Crayons, pastels, oil sticks and other paint supplies are currently under development.